Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Such a SAD day.

So sorry to say that today is marked one of the saddest of my life. For someone who is NOT an animal lover, that's saying a lot.

In my haste to get my child to the doctors office, I ran over my fifteen year old baby, Mattie. She is the little furry dog on the right. Yes, my children saw the whole accident and were traumatized. I feel like complete and total CRAP!

This baby is what first drew my husbands attention to me. He thought she was such a cute puppy, he wanted to hold her. Never mind the saucy redhead holding her. This baby was with me when I was so sick, in the hospital, no friends because of a loser boyfriend, multiple moves, two births , and so much more than I can even remember. I am trying to take comfort in the fact that she was really old and probably not gonna be here much longer and had multiple health problems. Still, she always greeted me with love, even when I know it hurt her to get up. Loved me without conditions. Never expected anything from me but a little pat on the head. Some would call me stupid for feeling this way about a DOG, and I never have been a fan of animals, only this one. So, today the girls and I buried her under a Red Maple that Andy gave me for Valentines Day the first year we dated. We will plant some things there a little later in the Spring. I am sorry if this sounds crazy, I have been there. This is my blog though.:( Bear with me. I just don't know what else to say.

Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog - it does not sound crazy in the least and I, like you, am not a huge pet lover. I like them, I like the ones I have...but I digress. I am sorry you had to go through something so traumatic. And it IS traumatic, even if you aren't an animal lover, to run over one. Especially one who has been a part of your life for so long. Huggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do not sound crazy. She was part of your family and you loved her. I hope you know how much you are loved by so many around you. Take comfort in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is the saddest thing I have ever heard. I havent cried in a long time and here I am crying at your blog. I actually am an animal lover! Just know that you gave the little one a good life...I will say a prayer for you and your girls..and of course the pup.

    ReplyDelete