Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not Just Your Average Ordinary Afternoon...

Today has been another eventful day, to say the least. I started off the afternoon teaching my art class. We worked on a little project that was an adaptation of a class I taught at Scrapfest. I had to adjust it so that a seven year old could complete the project in about an hour. Here is the one my daughter, Adeline did. We are using it as an ornament on our tree, but it can also be used as a little plaque. It is a sheet of acrylic from a mini album that we spray painted red and gold. That color combination turned out to be somewhat rusty, which was great. One of our Christmas colors. Then we turned it over and stamped it and glittered the edges. Next, we misted the flowers, then add a little sparkle with Stickles. Last, we added a few ribbons and voila! A quick and easy art project! The girls enjoyed themselves and so did I!

After, we finished that, we headed to town, 25 to 30 minutes away to pick up Lillian at a friends house. Then we headed to Wendy's to grab a baked potato and LO and BEHOLD, I center a deer on my hood like a big Rudolph hood ornament. Now what makes this so crazy is that I LIVE IN THE WOODS! Do you hear me?!?! WHY... did I have to go to town to hit Bambi?? Who knows. I have no idea if he was hurt because it was dark and the highway was very busy. I was talking on the phone and a bit stunned. The only damage to my van seems to be a few pieces of hair stuck in the grill. All I can say is, those of you who know me and my vehicle history can totally believe it! We finished up the evening with My friend Jennifer and her mom, grandmother, and friends making wonderful candies. I cannot tell you how many different little goodies they had and we dipped and dipped and dipped. The reward was a plate full of YUM! Martha Washington is my absolute favorite. Now, the girls are snug in bed and i am headed that way. Another busy day tomorrow. Last day of school and our school party and performance. Maybe I can get some Christmas gifts now!! Sweet Dreams.......

2 comments:

  1. Poor, Poor Bambi. And you are like Martha Stewart on crack. You start off the day crafty and end it the same way.... green with envy honey.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha Stewart on something! I'm telling you, that mini van is possessed.

    ReplyDelete